Challenge with Catalan museums
CALL 2: TO PROMOTE DIGITIZATION AND ACCESS TO MUSEUM CONTENT
The aim of this call is to find solutions able to facilitate the digitization of the Catalan cultural heritage and/or able to allow the sharing, interoperability and easy access to this heritage.
Digitizing the heritage and having managing tools focused on organizing and sharing the digital heritage between the different museums is essential to facilitate the work of museum's staff and to generate joint actions, give more visibility to the Catalan heritage and develop new shared projects.
Museums still have a lot of heritage to digitize. In addition, there is not such a tool able to integrate all the Catalan cultural heritage in an interoperable way between the facilities that preserve it and at the same time allows this content to be disseminated to the public.
Therefore, this call opens up the following main lines of work. You do not have to address all of them to participate in the Challenge:
- Digitize the physical cultural heritage.
- Develop virtual and digital heritage museums.
- Facilitate the indexing, integration and easy access to the documentary collections of each museum regardless of their format (image, text, sound, etc.), so that this information can be shared between museums.
- Enable interoperable access to digitized heritage throughout Catalonia through a tool that allows sharing, consultation and collaboration between museums.
- Allow the creation of collections of cultural heritage in digital format for private use, as well as for entities or for the museum facilities themselves.
For further information of this call, visit the following video: https://youtu.be/qs44OsnJDQw