Challenge with Catalan museums
To participate in the Challenge you must:
- Register on the platform (first time only).
- Enroll to the Challenge/s you are interested in by clicking on the “ENROLL” button. The enrollments done in advance will enjoy of personal advising benefits.
- Present your proposal when it is done by clicking on the call and filling the form.
The SmartCatalonia Challenge with Direcció General d'Innovació i Cultura Digital sets out 4 calls related with the Catalan museums ecosystem which are susceptible to be solved by innovative solutions based on ICT. We make an special encouragement to those start-ups, SMEs and entrepreneurs capable of offering an innovative, viable and adapted solution to one (or more) of the proposed calls.
Join the Challenge, win your reward, improve our territory with your solutions!
- Best solution award: 15.000 € + Pilot of the solution with a museum or entity proposed by Direcció General d'Innovació i Cultura Digital + To present the proposed solution in the Smart City Expo World Congress 2022
- Second prize: 3.000 € + To present the proposed solution in the Smart City Expo World Congress 2022
- Third prize: 2.000 € + To present the proposed solution in the Smart City Expo World Congress 2022
What should I submit to participate?
To participate in the SmartCatalonia Challenge a presentation (in slide and PDF format) must be prepared. The fundamental aspects of the proposal (technical aspects, usability, implementation, etc.) as well as the explanation of how the proposal answers the call must be clearly stated in this document. Optionally, participants can add other points of value that they consider appropriate for the correct evaluation of the jury.
From all the eligible solutions, the members of the jury will select 10 finalists who will present their solution at the final event of the competition. The criteria for evaluating the solutions by the jury is the following:
- Degree of adaptability to the proposed call.
- Degree of innovation and creativity of the solution.
- Degree of technical, economic and operational viability.
- Call 1: To improve the user-centric museum visit experience
- Call 2: To promote digitization and access to museum content
- Call 3: To increase the visibility of the public and social value of museums
- Call 4: To promote the knowledge and development of museum audiences
See all the details in the challenge rules.