Challenge with Policia de la Generalitat - Mossos d'Esquadra (PG-ME)
CALL 4: APPLICATIONS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN CITIZEN CARE
The aim of this call is to apply artificial intelligence with the historical data relating to this type of crime that the police body has and the other factors that may affect this type of crime in order to obtain on the one hand a better knowledge of the facts and the phenomenon and/or o the other hand provide predictive scenarios for the future.
In this fourth technological challenge, what is proposed is, based on the data related to crimes inside homes in Catalonia, to think of a system based on artificial intelligence that allows to provide intelligence and knowledge. The technological challenge also includes the possibility that the system can establish predictive scenarios for the future based on historical data and various social, temporal and economic indicators.
This intelligence should be aimed at meeting the following needs:
- From an analytical point of view. The data analyst must be able to observe trends, make crime maps, establish patterns of criminal activity, and explain the phenomenon. This analysis must be used to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Our operational management team must be able to make decisions so that the police citizen security force can be more effective when planning and approaching police activity. In addition, those responsible for investigating these types of criminal offenses should be able to use this knowledge to carry out their work more efficiently.
- Strategic management must propose security policies in order to reduce this type of crime.
Home crime is a type of crime regulated in Title XIII of the Penal Code.
This type of crime can be carried out in empty homes, ie there is no resident inside or it is carried out with the people living inside.
For the second case, it can be carried out without the people living in it knowing that they have been robbed, for example because it is night and they are sleeping; or using intimidation or violence against people when committing the crime.
It is therefore necessary to differentiate between this type of crime and theft with force and theft with violence and intimidation. The criminal burden associated with this type of crime is increased if there is intimidation or violence against people.
The typology of victims is very diverse and elements must be taken into account:
- First or second homes
- Areas with better purchasing power where presumably there will be more valuable objects inside
- Homes with private surveillance systems, cameras or alarm systems
- Residences close to main roads
Audiovisual explanation of the call: https://youtu.be/qMIckD8LJJY